Experienced Professional Security Engineers
Skill & Experience
WIPAY is currently expanding its core security team and is seeking to hire a passionate and
innovative Security Engineer who will build, install, configure, and test dedicated cyber defense and software solutions against millions of online emerging threats. The issues that a security engineers will solve at WIPAY are substantial and impact thousands of financial transactions, customers and sellers in the Caribbean. A successful candidate will be able to think critically, problem solve and effectively communicate technical issues with the team.
- Perform Blackbox and Whitebox application and network penetration testing.
- Communicate discovered issues, how to exploit them, and how to fix them for both technical
and non-technical audiences.
- Work with engineering teams in the design phase of new products and features, conducting
threat modeling and security architecture, design and code reviews.
- Work with external researchers through our pentest third party programs to reproduce, score,
and further investigate reported issues.
- Work with other groups within WIPAY to better serve our customers.
- Track Security tickets in Jira
- Work with individuals and teams on code scanning
- Ensure priority vulnerabilities are remediated
- Coordinate Application Security Penetration testing
- Document the Application Security Program
- Configure our WAF, add custom rules
- Experience with OWASP, static/dynamic analysis, and common security tools.
- Familiar with typical communication protocols, e.g., TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPs/WebSocket, etc.
- Have a strong command of your common pentesting tools, and know how to use them to your advantage.
- Strong understanding of secure architecture and design, threat modeling, security code review, SDLC and the ability to clearly articulate best practices and mitigations for application security.
- Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal: we have a lot of remote and asynchronous communication given our distributed teams and customers.
- Experience working with developers.
- Expert scripting/coding skills in one or more languages - Python, Bash, and/or .PHP experience is a plus.
- Expert understanding of Internet security issues, application security technologies, cloud architectures, and threat landscape concepts.
- Experience leading efforts or managing application security teams working in the DevOps model.
- Hands on experience architecting, automating, maintaining, and securing Cloud Computing
- Platforms - AWS and Digital Ocean experience a plus.
- Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: Burp Suite/OWASP ZAP/KALI Linux
How you match?
WiPay was created in 2016 as a direct result of a persistent problem. The Caribbean faced challenges with digital payments and the lack of ‘financial inclusion’ for the majority of persons. WiPay, developed a uniquely ‘inclusive’ platform that is secure, flexible and simple to use. WiPay allows anything connected to the Internet to move money quickly, safely and easily for the ‘Banked’ and for the ‘Unbanked'.
WiPay integrates with existing legacy systems to bring payments over the Internet to any industry, taking advantage of the latest developments in technology; built on blockchain making it safe and secure.