- Expired 4 weeks ago
- 15 Position(s) Remaining
- Full Time/Permanent
Skill & Experience
We’re building new ways to interact with WordPress. They’re simple, fast, and highly usable. They’re written in the latest web technologies and are used by millions of people. We want your help to expand our reach and keep our approach fresh.
What have we worked on recently?
- Gutenberg is a new block-level editor with clean abstractions for users, too, not just developers.
- Jetpack is a plugin that brings cloud-scale features to self-hosted sites and our latest addition is Rewind, think git for WordPress sites.
- WooCommerce is the most popular e-commerce platform on the web.
- To view more of our recent work, check out our longer product list on Automattic.com.
We are hiring heavily for teams across all of Automattic. Please highlight if you have experience or interests in the following areas: e-commerce, payments, shipping, CMS, website builders, social media applications, marketing/advertising, marketplaces, and partner integrations.
- Have a passion for crafting experiences that users rave about.
- Are able to iterate and ship ideas quickly, within a highly collaborative yet autonomous team.
- Have experience with a server-side language such as NodeJS, Go, PHP, Ruby, or Python.
Extra credit if you have:
- WordPress programming experience.
- Experience using containers, Kubernetes, and Prometheus.
- Open source contributions.
- Contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Experience and enthusiasm for building accessible web pages and products.
- Data analysis experience, and understanding of how analytics can help with product decisions.
- If you are most interested in working for a particular product, please let us know in your application!
Speaking of interests and skills, here are some areas in which you can grow and have further impact in the future at the company:
- Leadership – we offer a variety of leadership options to those who have interest, including becoming a team lead and managing releases.
- Learning and development – we have a generous personal development budget and encourage you to grow your skills through courses, books and conferences.
- Architecture – we encourage developers to develop expertise in the systems they work with, guide their evolution and mentor other developers working on them.
- Engineering effectiveness – we believe in helping other developers become more effective through tools, practices, cross-team collaborations, and process improvements.
How do we work?
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We open-source! We’re cool with open-sourcing everything except passwords, or secret keys.
- We ship often, deploying many times daily with the help of peer code review, continuous integration, and our global workforce in over 70 countries.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
- Company Industry:
- Degree Requirements:
- Apply Before: Dec 25, 2021
- Salary Range: Login To View